We are currently looking to further expand our Reception team at the Two Rivers Medical Centre in Ipswich. You will be working in our purpose-built facilities, helping us service the needs of 25,000 patients.
You must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, have the ability to remain calm under pressure and be able to multi-task whilst dealing with frequent interruptions. You will need to be able to explain sensitive or complicated information in a clear, sympathetic and easily understood way and build positive relationships with our patients. The ability to team work is paramount.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant administration/ reception/sales experience
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- The ability to receive and communicate information accurately
- Flexibility – in order to cover for holiday and sickness.
- SystmOne experience (preferred but not essential as training will be given)
- Practical experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
- A good attention to detail
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs grade A-C or equivalent (including Maths and English)
- Experience of working within health care (preferred)
- Answering the phone, dealing with enquiries and booking appointments.
- Preparing clinic paperwork for the next day, referral forms, charge sheets and terms and conditions for the main reception.
- Attending to patients on arrival.
- Opening and/or closing the building.
- We will provide a clear training programme and we have a range of development opportunities.
Hours of work:
We have a variety of hours available that have been split into 4 posts. These are listed in the attached document, Reception Hours. Post 4 is to work collaboratively with Dr Solway and Mallick Practice with Monday and Tuesday being worked at Two Rivers and the other 3 days at Dr Solway and Mallick Practice.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Holiday: 27 days plus 8 bank holiday (pro-rata), increasing with years of NHS service
Please apply through NHS Jobs reference J180-A-18-186340
CLOSING DATE: 18TH JANUARY 2018
Reception Job Description