Diabetes Education Evening
An evening to update the knowledge you need to manage your type 2 diabetes run by Dr Nicola Skrinchuk and Nurse Rachel Summers. Tuesday 1st May, 7.00pm-8.30pm. Please book your place at reception. Places limited.
Camera Controlled Car Park Management System
We would like to inform you that a new park management system NOW LIVE. If you're going to be in the surgery for more than 30 minutes, motorists will be required to enter their registration into the terminal to be entitled to free parking for the duration of their stay.
The aim is to improve access for patients attending for appointments by reducing level of unauthorised parking.
Thank you for your co-operation
New Clinicians starting in Jan/Feb 2018...
We're delighted to welcome the following members of staff who will be joining us in the next few weeks:
- Dr Calaweez Othman
- Dr Nicola Manley
- Dr Kate Riches (starting 7th Feb)
- Wesley Grimsey - Paramedic (starting 30th Jan)
- Mahmud Mamayusupov - Pharmacist (starting 12th Feb)
- Ann Murray - Practice Nurse
Help us to reduce medicine waste...
Unused prescription medicines cost the NHS across the UK over £300 million every year.
£300 million could pay for:
- 80,906 MORE hip replacements*
- 101,351 MORE knee replacements*
- 19,799 MORE drug treatment courses for breast cancer*
- 11,778 MORE community nurses*
- 300,000 MORE drug treatment courses for Alzheimer's*
*Based on average costs
- Please let your GP or Pharmacist know if you’ve stopped taking any of your medicines
- Check what medicines you still have at home before re-ordering
- Discuss your medication with your GP or Pharmacist on a regular basis
- Think carefully before ticking all the boxes on your repeat prescription forms and only tick those you really need
- If you don’t need the medicine please don’t order it! If you need the medicine in the future you can still request it.
- If you need to go into hospital, please remember to take all your medicines with you in a clearly marked bag.
- Please also remember that your medicines are prescribed only for you; it’s not safe to share them with anyone else