There may be times when you would feel more comfortable with a chaperone in the room during your consultation with the doctor. If this is the case, please do not hesitate to ask. Your doctor will be happy to arrange this immediately.
The role of a chaperone:
- Maintains professional boundaries during intimate examinations.
- Acknowledges a patient’s vulnerability.
- Provides emotional comfort and reassurance.
- Assists in the examination.
- Assists with undressing patients, if required.
All patients are entitled to have a chaperone present for any consultation. Please let us know at the time of requesting an appointment or speak to your GP.